Goals & Objective
- To facilitate affordable quality education that enables the students acquire professional skills, adopt moral principles and develop a global perspective.
- To work with commitment towards strengthening the four-fold fundamentals of higher education – teaching, research, extension and consultancy by initiating programmes which integrate both national and international perspectives.
- To develop the University on the principle of Inclusive Education.
- To work on the framework of high quality governance based on efficiency, transparency and accountability.
- To strive to achieve the status of a leading research intensive University addressing the issues related to the Thar region and folk culture.
- To develop an affirmative mindset competent enough to thrive in the world of competition by judiciously balancing the careerist and the career oriented education.
The University aims to achieve the goals by
- Providing a wide range of learning opportunities at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and doctorate levels.
- Undertaking research and consultancy on the challenges of the region including its rich historicity and folk culture, which add to the expertise of the community.
- Realizing a special obligation to educate the students belonging to minorities and lower socio-economic strata of the society.
- Building character values by initiating programmes aiming at developing the individual & collective responsibility.
- Encouraging faculty-student participatory interaction on matters of local, regional, national and international significance.
- Facilitating programmes aiming at capacity building for leadership and social service.