The library operates with the following objectives
• To support the learning process of the UG, PG and PhD students through provision of knowledge/information.
• To meet knowledge/information needs of the faculty, and to support their teaching activities.
• To meet knowledge/information needs of the faculty and researchers to support their research activities.
• To respond effectively, where possible, to the knowledge/information needs of the University’s.
Detail of the Library Space Area
• Total Build up Area in Library- 2487.74 Sqm
• Basement Build up Area- 1228.87 Sqm
• Ground Floor Build up Area- 1258.87 Sqm
• Library has separate study room for faculty and staff
In order to acquire all sorts of reading and research materials, there is an Acquisition Section which acquires and collects them for the use of the readers. In order to provide these reading materials, the acquisition section after accessioning the reading materials sends them to the Technical Section for processing so that books and other reading materials could be used in their respective sections.
There is a Technical Section for processing of all reading and research materials acquired, where they are classified and catalogued and label and pasting before they are sent to respective sections to be used by the readers.
This section provides reading material to students for home. Users can borrow and return books through this section .At present there are 4650 books approx in the central library, for issue and returns of books.
There is a well-equipped section of Periodical Literature for meeting the information needs of research scholars and the students. In this Section all the current periodicals are displayed properly for the use of the readers and their back and bound volumes are maintained in systematic order. At present there are 70 print journals approx in the central library.
In this section, doctoral dissertations approved by this University, are maintained properly, and available for consultation to the research scholars / teachers of affiliated Colleges and research scholars of other Universities also. This section also maintains other reference materials required for research purpose.
To provide Reprographic services, there is a Photocopier section, which has an advanced photocopying machine for providing Photostat copies of the document.
At present library Internet facility for all users in the library. Through this facility users search and use internet in library. Soul Software is available in the library for library management, Student search his books in OPAC .
S.No. Category No of Books Duration
1. Rajasthan Patrika – Daily
2. Dainik Bhasker – Daily
3. Dainik Navjyoti – Daily
4. Dainik Yug Paksha – Daily
5. Seema Sandesh – Daily
1. TheTimes of India – Daily
2. Indian Express – Daily
3. The Hindu – Daily
4. Hindustan Times – Daily
5. Economic Times – Daily
1. India Today -Weekly
2. Outlook -Monthly
3. Rojgar Samachar (Hindi) -Fortnightly
4. Rojgar Sandesh (Hindi) -Weekly